cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 stopped emailing logs

newkansan
Level 1
Level 1

We have an RV042 with issues emailing logs.

For nearly a year after I originally installed this router, I could not get the email log feature to work.  Then out of the blue, this past July, it started working all by itself.

On August 6, it stopped working again, with a message on the System Summary page: "E-mail cannot be sent out, probably use incorrect settings."

No router settings were changed between August 5 (when it was working) and August 6 (when it stopped working).  The router did not reboot, and no settings on our email server changed, etc.

I've seen other forum posts regarding the email log setting not working, so this appears to be a bug?

Can anyone shed light on this for me?  It would be great to get this feature working reliably, since we are a small business and we should have access to all router logs.

1 Reply 1

newkansan
Level 1
Level 1

I finally decided to try rebooting the router and lo and behold, it started spitting out email logs again.  Hopefully this does not become a regular occurance.  At least I know what to do now if it happens again and hopefully it helps someone else out with a similar problem.