cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Subnet Separation Problems...

theizer00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i have my RV042 with 2 subnets 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 and i neet a way to block trafic between....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alejandro Gallego
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to the Cisco Community.

If possible could you provide us with a little more information. If you could explain how the two networks are connected like, is there a managed switch, are these subnets in a VLAN, what is the IP of teh gateway for each netwrok and so on.

There are a efw different ways we can prevent one subnet from talking to another, one way would be by creating an ACL in the router, but this would only work if the router directly handled the traffic between the networks. In other words, if we are not using a Layer3 switch for example.

If the router does handle all the traffic then you should be able to do something like this:

RV_ACL.jpg

Take note that the range is for ALL IPs. If the router's IP is this range you could lock yourself out.

Hope this helped.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alejandro Gallego
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to the Cisco Community.

If possible could you provide us with a little more information. If you could explain how the two networks are connected like, is there a managed switch, are these subnets in a VLAN, what is the IP of teh gateway for each netwrok and so on.

There are a efw different ways we can prevent one subnet from talking to another, one way would be by creating an ACL in the router, but this would only work if the router directly handled the traffic between the networks. In other words, if we are not using a Layer3 switch for example.

If the router does handle all the traffic then you should be able to do something like this:

RV_ACL.jpg

Take note that the range is for ALL IPs. If the router's IP is this range you could lock yourself out.

Hope this helped.

theizer00
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks the answar is usefuly