cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 - Transparent bridge mode

Fernando Coen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! I've got a RV042 router and I want to use it as a transparent brigde. My ISP gave me 2 IP pools

IPs: 190.210.56.xxx
Mask: 255.255.255.248

IPs Utilizables: 200.69.207.xxx
Mask: 255.255.255.252

with 2 different gateways, but only 1 network connection.

Is there any way to configure this? Do I have to change my router?

7 Replies 7

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The RV042 does support dual WAN.  However, you must have two different Layer one ( Ethernet connections).

What is you goal with the public IP connections?

The RV042 does support one to one NAT.  Public IP access to a private IP.

Best Regards,

Mike

Hello,

I think that with this router you are able to configure this IP: 190.210.56.xxx Mask: 255.255.255.248 as the one for the router and then use the One to One NAT feature to link the other public IP address range to devices on the LAN.

Please let us know if this is what you are looking for.

I can't change the IP address 200.69.207.xxx in my proxy server. That's why i need my RV042 working as transparent bridge. Sorry for my english, it's a little bit rusty.

I don't know If I explain myself. Tell me if you want me to make a diagram.

Regards.

Your English is fine.

If you can give us a diagram or a network topology with the addresses and everything it will be really helpful. As a minimum we will be able to tell you if it is possible or not.

With just one eth connection it's impossible, right?

Correct, the RV042 is not a " transparent bridge".  The RV042 is a gateway device.  Thus, the RV042 translates (NAT) between the public IPs and private IPs. 

Best Regards,

Mike

Is there an option for unblocking web sites?  I am using two of these because I have a total of three internet connections coming into the office.  With the routers in use, there are some sites we have trouble getting into and staying logged into.  It is associated with the two routers because if they are taken out of the loop, there is no problem accessing those web sites. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.