cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 VPN vs Load Balance

emil.ploski
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem with VPN and Load Balance at the same time.

VPN (Gateway to Gateway) between two RV042 routers is working fine with only one WAN or two WAN's with Smart Link Backup. If i switch to Load Balance communication through VPN is almost impossible.

I have postgres server (port 5432) in first location and clients in another. Clients cannot connect to server or lose connection after while. This is example, but every communicaton except ICMP over VPN with Load Balance enabled is faulty (file sharing, RDP...). Everything works fine using public IP and port forwarding or VPN with only one WAN.

If i understand it correctly Protocol Binding should affect only "normal" communication (outside of VPN), but it looks like VPN communication is also divided between WAN1 and WAN2. Of course this cannot work this way because VPN works only with one WAN.

Another question - is it possible to bind communication TO selected target port with RV042 Load Balancing to selected WAN?

Firmware version :    1.3.13.02-tm (Jan 28 2011 18:39:04)

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Protocol binding rules should not affect how traffic is directed to a remote subnet over a site-to-site tunnel. If you believe you have seen otherwise, please contact the support center to open a case, so the issue can be addressed.

Thanks for answer. I did that, but i get "your remote support period is over, maybe you can try on

supportforums.cisco.com".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: