Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 weird behaviour

zaher.reda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have RV042, running firmware version 1.3.12.19-tm. The device has been acting weird for the past week. Internet connection became very slow and always timing out. Pinging the WAN devices connected to it is higher than normal (9ms, 10 ms) and sometimes times outs, in addition the web-based management interface sometimes stops responding or loads very slowly.

However, when I connect a laptop directly into the DSL modem which is one of RV042 WANs, the internet connection is more reliable and the performance is better. Pinging the modem in this case is <1ms, and everything works fine without time outs or delays.

After all these trials, I'm suspecting that the RV042 is the source of the problem.

I looked up for any new firmwares, I found that there a new firmware released only this month (4.0.07) . I tried to upgrade the device, but it is not working. I am always taken to a blank screen under http://x.x.x.x/upgrade.cgi  (I replaced the IP with x here). The device firmware is still the original one.

The device is still under warranty, and I am planning to return the device, so please confirm that, given the above, it is entitled for RMA.

Thank you

0 Replies 0