cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 won't backup

mcaruso95
Level 1
Level 1

Updated to newest firmware 4.2.1.02 and wanted to perform a backup of the startup configuration.  I get a "The webpage cannot be found" HTTP 400 error when trying to do this backup.  I have changed some settings since my last backup, but that backup was done using the last firmware revision. Has anyone else seen this issue?

3 Replies 3

javier-sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Marc,

Yes. I've been through this.  The reason is: the mechanism to do the backup tries to get access to a folder in your PC for which it doesn't have access rights.  All you have to do is run the browser as Administrator.  That should solve your problem.

Regards.

I tried running the browser as an Administrator, both IE and Firefox, with the same failing results.

Gee...

That's really sad.

Ok, use Internet Explorer.  Hit F12 to start the debugger.  There you may see the reason why you are getting that message.  That's how I found out about the access rights.  Your problem may be something else and that way you may be able to find out the reason.

Also, manually force access rights to the temporary folders where the browser tries to put the backup image.  At that screen you'll se the path where it is trying to access.

J.