cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G DHCP not working

marc_duca
Level 1
Level 1

We have an RV042G and it's DHCP is turned on but the computers arent receiveing any ip addresses. Also, the load balancer is connected to two modems which have dhcp on. Is the router broken? the firmware is v4.2.2.08

3 Replies 3

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Marc,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

If it is the RV042G acting as a DHCP server for your IPv4 LAN, I suggest you following the below document;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=4250

I suggest you using a Class C Private range, 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149 and double check on the hosts IPv4 default gateway and DNS configured where the  RV042G default address is 192.168.1.1 so if you have not changed it please confirm that is the hosts default gateway.

If the LAN DHCP Server is not the RV042G but one of the two modems, then the RV042G must be setup as DHCP Relay agent, please check the below document;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=4256

I hope you find this information useful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Yes, the router is the DCHP server for our IPv4 LAN. And the range is set from 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149. The DHCP servers assigns IP addresses for a while then stops until we restart the router. Below is the current set up of the router.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Did you try exchanging it with another one?  This definitely doesn't sound normal.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: