Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G firmware question

bigsheldy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having some problems with VOIP calls getting dropped and our provider seems to think there are some problems with the router. I saw that the latest firmware update for the RV042G addresses some NAT issues with calls and would much rather try to upgrade this relatively new hardware rather than replace it. According to the download site, it says to only use the firmware upgrade on V3 hardware. The back of my RV042 says V01, but it says it was manufactured 05/2013. I can't imagine they've gone through two hardware revisions in four months, nor would I assume that they would continue manufacturing old versions of hardware. I also noticed the router is currently running firmware v4.2.1.02, which also says it's for V3 hardware only. I guess my question is, is there any way the hardware revision number is incorrect, and if not, can I still install V3 firmware on it?

2 Replies 2

OmerTatar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sheldon,

when you log on, go to System Summary in the right navigation panel, and you can find this:

PID VID : RV042 V03

It is on the top of the page, this will tell you which version of hardware are you using. Also you can try to load newest firmware, it will say if it fits.

Good Luck,

Omer

Oh yes, I forgot that  the RV042G V01 is the same as RV042 V03, because the RV042G has only one version V01 that is equivalent with RV042 V03...so the firmware for RV042 V03 should load succesfuly on RV042G...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: