cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G multiple WAN/Secondary IP addresses

rwilson
Level 1
Level 1

We have just setup a new RV042G firewall.  The customer has multiple public IP addresses and we need to allow RDP access for at least 2 of the Public IP addresses.  I only see a way to open ports for the one IP assisgned to the WAN.  I temporarily did a one to one NAT for the second public IP to NAT to the private IP but that pretty much opens everything which is not ideal from a security standpoint.  How can we setup multiple IP addresses on this firewall?  Thanks for the help.                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is possible to add more that one rule to the firmware in order to provide access to different IP addresses or a complete range. Let me share with you some information on the guide me section, that could help you with the configuration.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=214b9e138807474cba39cda82212f509_Adding_Deleting_an_IPv4_access_Rule.xml&pid=4&fcid=&fpid=&slnid=5

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

View solution in original post

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

On top of a one-to-one NAT rule, which maps a public IP in the WAN1 subnet to a private IP address in the LAN, you can add additional Access Rules to restrict the available services to RDP only. For example,

Allow     RDP             WAN1      Any         [private address]

Deny     AllTraffic       WAN1      Any         [private address]

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is possible to add more that one rule to the firmware in order to provide access to different IP addresses or a complete range. Let me share with you some information on the guide me section, that could help you with the configuration.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=214b9e138807474cba39cda82212f509_Adding_Deleting_an_IPv4_access_Rule.xml&pid=4&fcid=&fpid=&slnid=5

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

On top of a one-to-one NAT rule, which maps a public IP in the WAN1 subnet to a private IP address in the LAN, you can add additional Access Rules to restrict the available services to RDP only. For example,

Allow     RDP             WAN1      Any         [private address]

Deny     AllTraffic       WAN1      Any         [private address]

npaunovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to find out if you can do multiple ip's or a whole subnet on the wan interface's of this router.

Did you find if this this is possible with this router and if how?

thanks

Nik

We were able to assign multiple IP addresses via the link above and setting up the access rules.  Hope that helps.