Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G Router

GameelAlsabri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question about Rv042g router. My question is "can I run Intrernet service and MPLS service on Rv042g router in the same time?

Hope to get an answer ASAP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The default working mode of the RV042 is ‘Gateway’, so using NAT, LAN network traffic destined for Internet forwarded to WAN interface.

Other mode is ‘Router’, in this mode Internet connectivity is available only if you have another router that functions as the Gateway. Or Internet provider provides you specific IP pools to use for WAN & LAN Network in RV042 and they will do the necessary back-end routing.

So, in your case if both the WAN connection demands separate mode to work in RV042 then Internet and MPLS may not work simultaneously, only one will work at a time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RV Series are Dual WAN Capabilities.

So you can terminate Internet as well MPLS connection (Hope you getting IP from Provider)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R9gDY8lv1g&feature=youtu.be

MPLS i consider as another WAN connection here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you Balaji.

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The default working mode of the RV042 is ‘Gateway’, so using NAT, LAN network traffic destined for Internet forwarded to WAN interface.

Other mode is ‘Router’, in this mode Internet connectivity is available only if you have another router that functions as the Gateway. Or Internet provider provides you specific IP pools to use for WAN & LAN Network in RV042 and they will do the necessary back-end routing.

So, in your case if both the WAN connection demands separate mode to work in RV042 then Internet and MPLS may not work simultaneously, only one will work at a time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: