Phase 1 SA Life Time : 28800seconds
Perfect Forward Secrecy : yes
Phase 2 DH Group : Group2-1024bit
Phase 2 Encryption : 3DES
Phase 2 Authentication : SHA1
Phase 2 SA Life Time : 3600seconds
Preshared Key : (This is Security key)
Minimum Preshared Key Complexity : Enable

can someone are able to help me to take a look my setting as above, try to use shrewVPN to connect but not success

do I need to open any port or the Cisco router help me open it automatically...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

I hope you are doing well. The configuration with the router seems to be fine but I would like to share with you this guide (attached) which contain step by step the client to gateway configuration with the shrewsoft.

I hope this will be helpful for you. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

I hope you are doing well. The configuration with the router seems to be fine but I would like to share with you this guide (attached) which contain step by step the client to gateway configuration with the shrewsoft.

I hope this will be helpful for you. 

Regards,

Thank you very well for this post. With the RV042G I really struggled to have the vpn tunnel up. I'm well using linux ubuntu 16.04 LTS at this time on all my pc's. But on my last I do have vmware for workstations and installed there my win7 ultimate just for testing purposes. Following you're instructions it worked directly using shrew vpn. But now out of linux the tunnel was made ok but it hanged into phase2 .
whatever I did I could at first not solve it. Funny enough sometimes the tunnel came up after so what 10 minutes, very weird. I did checked route and so on but no luck. I was well the longer the more sure it was a dns issue. (note I did set all spoofing protection IP rp_filters at 0 ) .
Now shrew vpn on linux has a couple of tabs missing. When You go to tab NameResolution in linux you will not find the extra tabs split dns and winserver. winserver is normal not to be there since we are on linux. But the split dns tab was missing and somehow I think shrew vpn on linux was still working with split dns on when NameResolution was disabled. (that's my guess for why it went wrong on linux).
What I no just do extra by Linux is :
By NameResolution tab enable DNS
Server Adress #1 the private getaway of the Cisco RV042G which is actually the RV042G device IP
and dns suffix the one of my private network I use on the RV042G.
Then it works like a train on linux also.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: