cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

ANNOUNCEMENTS

• New Firmware Available for the RV340 Series Router Family! posted Apr 30, 2019
This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P. To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here

• Important Update: Cisco RV340 Series and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client posted Nov 10, 2018
The RV340 Series supports Remote Tunnel Termination of the best-selling and easy to use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client... read more
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

RV042G Site Certificate Invalid on Admin Login Page

I recently replaced my RV042 with an RV042G.  I did an export of the RV042 Config and used the Config Migration Tool to upgrade the file to v3 (I had an old v1 RV042).  When I first logged in to the RV042G it was quite happy and I imported the config file successfully.

After installing the RV042G in my system it fired up and worked perfectly.  Unfortunately when I now try to log in via the web interface it comes up with 'Invalid Site Certificate' each time.  Obviously I can ignore this and carry on but it annoys me.  I've tried importing the certificate but that does not help as it is flagged as invalid.

All I can assume is I have either imported the origional RV042 certificate as part of the config or importing the config has corrupted the origional RV042G site certificate.  I assume this is a generic issue and not specific to the RV042G as I have had this problem before but cannot remember how I solved it.

The bottom line would be a hard reset and load all my settings manually but I can't spare the time just now.

Any one know of a better solution?

Thanks                  

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate

Hi Graeme, if you're using Internet Explorer, it is usually more of a Window's nuisance. I've fiddled with it quite a bit trying to add to trust sites, making root certificate, nothing really seems to work well. This is true for almost all of the newer release products.  If you find a way to make it go away with IE I'd be eager to hear!

Try firefox, it usually handles https pages much better.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom

Yes, Firefox makes a much better job of it, Safari not quite as good but a lot better then IE!