cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV04G to RV016 V-3 looking good log program

howard
Level 1
Level 1

I have 10 RV016 and RV04 routers on different locations. For older version , I was using linklogger  program www.linklogger.com. Since I have upgraded my Routers RV016 V-3, I am no loger use Linklogger. It is very good program to read logs and helpful to see attacks.

I am wondering if any body could recomend similar level of program to see logs of these routers. thanks

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Howard,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

There should not be any restriction on keep using the syslog server software you are used to, so my suggestion  is to keep using it on these new routers since you are already used to.  There are many syslog server software available and I could not tell which one is better, I personally like Kiwi but just because I have used it for some time now. 

Just in case I add the RV016 admin guide where on chapter 10 you'll find instructions in how to set the system logs and alerts on the routers;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance we may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: