Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 DMZ Configuration Question - Point to Point

supercharn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 2 offices in different countries both using the RV082 router.  Currently both offices have an internet connection on WAN1 and that is working fine.

We are adding a Point to Point circuit between the two offices, and my question is on the RV082 configuration on each side.

I was going to configure WAN2 in DMZ mode on each router, then connect the point to point circuit to the WAN2 port.  On the China side, the DMZ IP will have to be a private address (192.168.177.1), while the DMZ port on the San Diego side will be a public IP. 

We need internal computers to be able to go to the internet normally through WAN1, but also go through WAN2 if they are trying to reach the other network.  I will be adding routes on each RV082 for this.

Is there anything wrong with this configuration?  Do I need to change the routers from Gateway to Router mode?  Does it matter if the DMZ WAN2 port has a private IP address?

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Eric

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eric, I don't know the answer. But, here is a topic I think you will find great value.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3828493

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom but that thread is not exactly what I was looking for.  Mainly I just want to know if the RV082 can act as a fully functioning router with the two WAN ports going to different networks.  So the LAN side would hit the router, look at the routing table and know which WAN port to go out of.  Using the DMZ seems like it will work, but I have never tried it so I wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone has done this before.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: