cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 drops WAN connection immediately after establishing it

epagecity
Level 1
Level 1

I have my 2nd WAN connection on the RV082 setup to connect via static IP to a T1 connection. When I connect the cable, the log reports...

"WAN connection is up : 216.130.xxx.xxx..." and 3 sec's later reports "WAN connection is down".

I can connect a computer directly to that T1 with the same static IP settings and it connects without a problem.

I'm on the firmware version v4.0.2.08-tm.

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried switching the the WAN2 connection with the WAN 1 connection to see if it will stay connected? Are you using Load Balance ?

Also for the connection that will not stay connected maybe try bumping down the MTU to maybe 1492 and see if that makes a difference.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried switching the the WAN2 connection with the WAN 1 connection to see if it will stay connected? Are you using Load Balance ?

Also for the connection that will not stay connected maybe try bumping down the MTU to maybe 1492 and see if that makes a difference.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center 

I was using Smart Link Backup. Changing to Load Balanced brings the other WAN up. Is that normal behaviour? That if you're using the Smart Link Backup it shows the backup WAN interface as being down (in the logs) and no IP info (all 0.0.0.0) in the WAN status.

If the primary WAN goes down, will it then auto bring up the back WAN interface?

I'm on v4.0.2.08-tm firmware and i also changed the MTU to 1492.

>I was using Smart Link Backup. Changing to Load Balanced brings the other WAN up. Is that normal behaviour?

Yes, that's has been the behavior of RV0xx routers since day one.

Sorry to revive an old thread, however, I have two of these routers and have an issue.  We have two isp's in smarlink backup mode.  Now, if one isp goes down, the other will come up.  However, we have voip phones so what happens is we lose connection on the phones when it failovers and we are fine with that.  But, when services are restored on that first line it drops current connections, including our voip phones.  This is a problem, my isa570 does not do this.  If a line goes down we generally have to reboot the phones and when services are restored on that problem line, active connections are find, which includes our phones.  What is this feature called and is there a workaround on the RV082?