Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 IPSec Tunnel

Toronadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using a RV082 for a site-to-site IPsec Tunnel to a Barracuda NG200 firewall. I can establish the tunnel from the NG200 site and the tunnel stays alive for the work day, but the next morning the users at the RV082 site cannot establish the tunnel, I need to ping a node there to get it back up.

There is a setting IKE passive/active on the NG200 which I have set to 'passive' to allow tunnels to be established from the remote site.

I never upgraded the firmware on this because I saw posts regarding problems with the later versions.

Serial Number :    DEZ006B01147Firmware version :    1.3.98-tm (Jun 20 2008 18:37:29)

routing.JPG

screenshot.JPG

1 Reply 1

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Very interesting set of options in v1.3 on the rv082.  Even v3 firmware on the rv016 doesn't have a backup tunnel option.

Are you able to originate a tunnel at all from the rv082 side, even manually?  (ie, if you log into the router via it's IP address and click 'connect', does the tunnel establish?)

If you cannot originate a tunnel from the rv082 side, then there is probably some small configuration error on the rv082 that makes the other side reject the request.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com