Helpful
Replies

RV082 - Route Protocols per WAN

ev5unleash
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forums so bare with me.

I recently purchased a RV082 in hopes of increasing the thruput of my network with multiple users. I initally did have issues with the router locking up and stop functioning every so often, but it seems I have fixed that (so far as I can tell). The main problem I'm having now is the "Load-Balancing" functionality. Because of certain websites I would like to route all HTTP traffic through WAN 1. I've tried doing this by using (System Management > Bandwidth Management > Type: Priority) and making all HTTP traffic a high priority on WAN1 but HTTP traffic still goes even amongst both of them. I've even tried using the Firewall to block all HTTP traffic on WAN 2 and that failed be too. Even with my superior interface know-how, I'm getting no-where with this task. Please help!

Also, as less important ambition. I would like to separate a port forward on port 80 so that I may host two website via my two WANs. I've read somewhere that using the firewall instead of the Forwarding function would help, but I was unable to accomplish that task.

Thanks!

Evan

8 Replies 8

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Evan,

To properly set this up use Protocol Binding option on the RV0xx Series. This will bind port 80/http out a specific interface. This will work this way as long as that WAN interface is up. If it goes down it is desigend to fail over to the working WAN interface.

Hope this helps.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Thanks Randy!

After tinkering around with protocol binding I was able to get my HTTP traffic to route through my WAN1. Do you have any idea on how to serve multiple websites via both WANs?

Thanks,

Evan

Are these inside Web servers that you host or outside Web servers?

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

ev5unleash
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I have two in-house web servers that I'd like to host via the two different WANs I have.

Evan,

will both servers respond to both WAN addresses, or One on WAN1 one on WAN2?

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

ev5unleash
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to have one server respond to requests on WAN 1 and another server respond to requests on WAN 2.

Evan,

On the RV082 there is no way to specify which WAN port to forward in. It will forward both into the same inside IP. The only way around this is to do it by Port.

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

ev5unleash
Level 1
Level 1

By port? Could you ellaborate? You mean physical port on the Router? Or by a certain port forward?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: