cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 SNMP ipx1 counter error

amadill
Level 1
Level 1

We have 6 RV082 routers on our wide area network in a spoke and hub VPN network.  We recently set up Cacti to monitor traffic and latency.  I am seeing some very strange packet counts on two of these units for the Internet port ipx1 or WAN1.  As seen on the log/system statistics page the sent packet count sits at zero most of the time then jumps up to some huge number and then goes back to zero.  The received packet count will roll over as well every few minutes.  As a result the graphs in Cacti are all over the place.

The only thing that the two units have in common is they are both have a single connection to the Internet. Firmware Version: 2.0.0.19-tm

Image2.png

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Alan,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

I would first suggest you to upgrade to the latest firmware release v4.2.2.08, some incorrect logs generations were fixed on this new release;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414011&flowid=785&softwareid=282465789&release=4.2.2.08&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Once that's accomplished I then suggest you to check on the router's "Log>System Statistics" to determine any abnormal behavior.

Please let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.