Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 Static Route question

a.ragsdale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have multiple RV082 routers.  4 have Internet facing WAN ports with Static Public IPs.  The rest are upstream from these routers.  3 of  these 4 routers share the same Public IP (WAN) subnet and gateway.  I can set up static routes using the WAN interface on these routers and they pass traffic between themselves just fine.  The 4th router is at a completely unrelated subnet.  When I set up static routes between the other 3 and this one I can't pass traffic to/from the 4th unit.

Here is what I've discovered.  In "Advanced Routing", I can enter the IP addresses of the other WAN ports in the Gateway field and the router takes and will save the entries.  But if the gateway address isn't in the same subnet as the router's WAN, then when you go to view the route table, the route doesn't show up.

The firmware I have on these 4 routers are is 4.0.3.03.  All routers are set to router mode.  I've remotely checked one of my upstream routers with 2.0.0.19 firmware and they appear to take the route and display it in the routing table.  Whether they actually function or not, I have no way of testing.  These older routers are located on remote mountian tops so exchanging them for the newer Internet facing units isn't something I can readily do.

So is this a "bug" or a "feature" with 4.0.3.03, or is this intended?

Thanks in advance

0 Replies 0