cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 v3 hardware and WAN1 without link(LED)

oliversl1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a RV082 hardware version 2. (I stated wrongly that I had v3 hardware)

The problem is really stange:

- doing a hard reset (30, 30, 30 procedure) and after loading the firmware 1.3, the WAN1 o WAN2 link LED does not turn on. In the web admin interface, both port appears disconnected. Connecting the same cable in port 1, it works.

- then, upgrading to firmware 2.0, in snmp the WAN1 does not show traffice, only the LAN Interface. And the data of the snmp is wrong (reporting million of packets/s), so there is no way to monitor activity.

My question, is the hardware malfuntioning? If so, why does it works with firmware 2.0 but report bad snmp data? Also, why does not work with firmware 1.3?

Many thanks

Oliver

changed to v2 hardware

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Olivers the V3 routers should be used only with V3 firmwares 4.x.x.x versions. Anything less than is unsupported.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

I was wrong, we don't have a v3 hardware, sorry about the confusion.

We have v2 hardware

Thanks

Oliver

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

I'm not sure about v2 hardware, but it may have a similar limitation on the v1 firmware.  These units are buggy, so you may be encountering normal issues. 

Just out of curiosity, why are you downgrading the firmware?

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

oliversl1
Level 1
Level 1

The problem en RV082 with firmware 2.x is that the DNA queries are not resolved from a Mac OSX client.

Test opening Mac App Store you will see missing icons, reboot to 1.3 firmware and problem solved. I obviously tested many things like factory reset, etc

Thanks
Oliver

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: