cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 v3 VPN issues

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

We have a customer with an RV082 v3 on the latest firmware throwing errors when establishing a VPN to another RV082 (v2 unit on its latest firmware).  The error is:

failed in ISAKMP notify. Errno 132: No buffer space available

If you repeatedly drop the VPN connection on the remote side or cold reboot the local RV082 the problem goes away for a while then returns.  We never had this problem on RV082 v2's.  I'm using another Cisco Small Business Router to VPN to the same remote RV082 v2 unit and I have no issues with regular drops or when the occasional one does drop, which they always do, the VPN reconnects immediately without error.

Thoughts?  Thanks...

3 Replies 3

Hi Brian Bergin

As you can see, with the RV082 v2, you have no problem, so I recommend that degrades the version of your RV082 v3 to v2, with the last firmware. Doing this solves your problem

Several users have had this problem of incompatibility of versions

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

It is not possible to downgrade a RV082 v3 (the v3 indicates the hardware revision) to v2 and as v2 units are not longer available for sale (other than perhaps used ones on eBay), the solution will need to be in an update to the v3 firmware to resolve the buffer space issue.

Hi Brian,

You response to Johnnatan  response sound too logical. "the solution will need to be in an update to the v3 firmware to resolve the buffer space issue."

You might like to play with the dead peer detection or some other ISAKMP option, that may only work around or  bypass that buffer space error.

But it seems obvious there should not be a buffer space issue.  Luckily it seems the RV082   V3 , has let you know warts and all that there is a issue.

If you could be so kind, open up a case with the good folk at SBSC , they may know the answer or and let them try to simulate and then if needed escalate the issue into the engineering bowels of Cisco..

regards Dave