cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 VPN Passthrough

soles1080
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Meraki Firewall that sits behind my Cisco RV082. The Meraki is setup to run a VPN connection with my server but I am having problems passing the VPN traffic through properly.

I have 2 Uverse Internet Connections that the RV082 using load balancing so that they are shared. I have 10 static IP's.

I am trying to come in on one of my static IP addresses throught the Cisco RV082 to the Meraki and after doing a capture on the meraki it appears that it is starting to receive data to intiate the VPN connection but when it sends data back to the VPN client machine it never makes it.

Please help i feel like i have set it up correctly.

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jason, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. Please, try configuring protocol binding to the interface that you have in the VPN and bind the protocols you are using on it, the problem could be load balancing you configured. Here I will share for you some information in the link bellow.

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=622

You can also take a look on this document, it has some tshoot steps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29399

I hope you find this answer useful

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thanks, Jon, for your helpful reply. 

We just had a customer install an RV082 with Load Balancing.  But now they are having issues with their users connecting via the Cisco Remote IPSec VPN client back to the ASA at their main location (VPN Pass Through is enabled).

When we disconnect one of the WAN interfaces, the VPN works.  But it will not work when Load Balancing is enabled.  When we change the Dual WAN to use Backup (Failover), the VPN does work as well.

Is this a bug in the firmware, or is there something in the configuration that needs to be changed?

--Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: