Views
Helpful
Replies

RV100W NAT not working

mecsei.daniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

In my RV100W router, the NAT not working, I don't know why.

The ping on the router is okay, but on my computer not. The traceroute is:

Tracing route to 8.8.8.8 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     3 ms     3 ms     3 ms  192.168.1.1

2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

3     *        *        *     Request timed out.

4     *        *        *     Request timed out.

I attach the router log file to this discussion., which contain a lot of kern.warning and one kern.err ( pflash: found no supported devices ). I searched the solution and reason why I get this error message, but I didn't find anything.

So why the NAT not working, why I get that error message from kernel, and what is the solution?

Thanks a lot.

8 Replies 8

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I have a couple of questions, what firmware version are you running? You could download the last version 1.2.0.9. Are you using single Port Forwarding or Port Range Forwarding?

I recommend you to use Port Range Forwarding, I will share to you the Admin guide and you could find the configuration in page 93.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi,

Yes, I use the latest firmware version.

No, I don't using any Port Forward or Port Range Forward.

After a a factory a reset, the problem is still alive.

The ping and traceroute is okay in the router, but when I use from my Android Device or my Computer, it doesn't work.

Hey Daniel,

Is your internet connection via a VPN Tunnel? If yes, try enabling NAT transversal.

Thanks

Vijay

No.

But in the log I don't understand some row (such as kernel.err).

aunrein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Daniel,

Can you tell me which router you have exactly? Is it an RV110W or RV120W?  Once I know, I might be able to find an article that can help.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello Alexander,

The router is RV110W exactly.

IC: 5005A-RV110W

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Try running your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and pinging again because the computer's firewall might be blocking pings for security reasons. If this works, it means that your firewall is causing the problem.

Also, double check your operating mode on your router. According to the help guide, the router needs to be in Gateway Mode otherwise NAT does not work.

This article might help.

Routing Settings on the RV110W

Thanks,

Alex

hello 

i have the same error message at boot : pflash: found no supported devices

but no problem with functionality of the rv110w

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: