Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W as wireless AP

kirkhalyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'd like to configure my rv110w as only a wireless AP on my network. Unfortunately my ISP forces me to use their device as my Internet gateway.

Any advice on this setup is appreciated. I am assuming I'd start with switching from gateway to router mode?

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kirk,

Under Networking -> Lan -> LAN configuration, give the rv110w a unique IP address on the same network as the router. I'm going to assume the router is probably 192.168.1.1. So, you can make the AP 192.168.1.2 for example. Just make sure its unique.

On the same screen, disable the DHCP server. Make sure you save your changes. You will probably be disconnected from the web UI if you had to change the IP address to make it unique, per above, but can reconnect with the new IP address. You can configure the wireless settings at any point - now, or after you connect the AP to your router in the next step.

lan config.PNG

When connecting the ISP's router to the RV110w, plug it in to a LAN port, not the WAN port.

You should be all set. Let me know if you have any problems.

Best,

David

Please be sure to rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kirk,

Under Networking -> Lan -> LAN configuration, give the rv110w a unique IP address on the same network as the router. I'm going to assume the router is probably 192.168.1.1. So, you can make the AP 192.168.1.2 for example. Just make sure its unique.

On the same screen, disable the DHCP server. Make sure you save your changes. You will probably be disconnected from the web UI if you had to change the IP address to make it unique, per above, but can reconnect with the new IP address. You can configure the wireless settings at any point - now, or after you connect the AP to your router in the next step.

lan config.PNG

When connecting the ISP's router to the RV110w, plug it in to a LAN port, not the WAN port.

You should be all set. Let me know if you have any problems.

Best,

David

Please be sure to rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

Thanks David all is working well. I did switch to router mode to disable NAT as well.

Cheers!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

doug_counsil
Level 1
Level 1

***Unfortunately my ISP forces me to use their device as my Internet gateway.***

I would not accept this.  What modem are they forcing you to use (brand and exact model number)?  What type of service do you have (ie. cable, DSL).  Who is your provider?

When they upgraded our home router to DOCSIS 3.0, they tried to force that crap on us as well.  The first router was a Motorola and the second, which we use now, is an Arris.  Both modems have ways to turn them them into modem only mode.

***Unfortunately my ISP forces me to use their device as my Internet gateway.***

By my opinion

Most ISP sell wifi to , so you pay and they get the cash.

Sure they make monster deals by buying-in big.

Sure those modems are an open book easy for snoden to get-in.

Why not copy all rules , take the one you want . mmm not working as they make the connection mostlike using mac acces. And using Cisco :)

Ever notice first-setup your line? , you allways have to call them to make it work.

MatiasViano
Level 1
Level 1

I do the same thing but as AP the Rv110W is very slow...... with cable direct from router gave me a 60Mbps the speed test, but thouth WIFI measure just 12MBPS.

What I can do?

this is my problem, too..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: