cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W excessive syslog messages

smcg4191-
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a RV110W wireless router a couple months ago that I've been pretty happy with.

However, I have one significant problem with it.  It is configured to send syslog messages to an internal server.  Twice now it has gone into a mode where it starts dumping messages like,

ip_conntrack_is_ipc_allowed: ipc_entry_is_full

continuously, at a rate of about 20 per second.  It otherwise seems to function normally, but of course if unnoticed my syslog file quickly grows to hundreds or thousands of megabytes.  A reboot restores normal operation.  It is running firmware 1.1.0.9.  A search on the internet turned up no information about this problem. 

It may be some corruption is occuring in the router's OS, or perhaps this is something that can be triggered externally (in which case it would be a weak form of DoS attack?  Or maybe worse if in this state it is unable to properly apply the firewall rules.)

Looking for some hints on what might be wrong and how to fix.

2 Replies 2

Randy Baker
Level 1
Level 1

I have also experieced the same issue.  I did not reboot the Wireless Router but the logging has seemed to stop.  I'm not sure what caused it either.  I did clear the log and it has not been logging the error "ip_conntrack_is_ipc_allowed: ipc_entry_is_full".

I would like a response from Cisco on this error.  How do we get Cisco to respond?

Raise a call with SBSC at 1.866.606.1866

Regards Simon
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: