Helpful
Replies

RV110W point access / bridge mode ?

tirelire0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have some questions about RV110W.

I would like to install a wifi access on my lan, i already have gateway with wan, web filtering etc etc. I would like just an good wifi access point.

So why i want to purshase with a RV110W and not a normal point access ? That's simple my boss want obligatory an internet limitation by planning access by hours, days ~~ And guest access. Other detail, my lan havent any dhcp.

So, in first. Can i plug my rj45 lan on RV110W switch port to have internet by my current gateway ?

If i set internet limitation, did this functionnality work on switch port/wifi access ?

If i set dhcp on RV110W (example 192.X.X.5 to 192.X.X.10) and i identify ip on my other gateway to have an internet access (fortigate filtering), can i set the dhcp on RV110W only on wifi or it will attribute ip on other equipement on my lan ?

Thanks a lot !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ash, you may connect the RV110W by a switch port to another router.

The RV110W dhcp is not customizable to the point where you can specific your other router's IP as the gateway.

The RV110W dhcp if enabled would provide DHCP to whatever is accepting DHCP.

You may want to consider to look in to WAP121 or WAP321.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ash, you may connect the RV110W by a switch port to another router.

The RV110W dhcp is not customizable to the point where you can specific your other router's IP as the gateway.

The RV110W dhcp if enabled would provide DHCP to whatever is accepting DHCP.

You may want to consider to look in to WAP121 or WAP321.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, i viewed WAP121 can be scheduled too, its perfect for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: