Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W PPTP

ToddMobile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I connected different PPTP Client devices to my RV110W (PPTP Server) but the problem is that one connected client cannot "see" another PPTP client.

The setup would be:

PPTP Client A (linux - firewall disabled) connects to RV110W (PPTP Server)

PPTP Client B (iphone) connects to the same RV110W (PPTP Server)

From the iphone i cannot access the website hosted by the linux server.

From a computer in the same VLAN as the PPTP clients i cannot access/ping the linux server

1. Is this a limitation of the RV110W - that PPTP clients cannot "see" eachother, or should i dig deeper with the connected devices?

2. What safe scenario should i use to succesfully test if this works (eg. 2 windows machines connected as PPTP clients and to try to ping eachother)?

3. Is this related to the routing table?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

By default the PPTP clients can communicate with each other, as they are in the same LAN

The PPTP server (RV110W) by default is with an IP 10.0.0.1. The clients are provided IP addresses from 10.0.0.10 to 10.0.0.X.

So you should be able to ping the clients on those IP addresses, without any additional configuration on the router

Regards,

Kremena

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

By default the PPTP clients can communicate with each other, as they are in the same LAN

The PPTP server (RV110W) by default is with an IP 10.0.0.1. The clients are provided IP addresses from 10.0.0.10 to 10.0.0.X.

So you should be able to ping the clients on those IP addresses, without any additional configuration on the router

Regards,

Kremena

anmayfie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If you would like any additional information or more help with your PPTP configuration, you can click the link below. This link will bring you to an article written about how to configure PPTP on an RV110W. Hopefully this can help you solve your issue.

Configuring PPTP on RV110W

Thanks,

Andrew Mayfield

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: