Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W VPN endpoint?

kirkhalyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

With firmware 1.2.0.9 - can the RV110W be used as a VPN endpoint? The VPN capabilities have been expanded in this version - but from the docs this isn't quite clear to me.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

unimog404
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kirk,

yes ist possible also with the older firmeware. I am using a RV110W as a VPN Client (Endpoint) to establish a VPN connection as well as a VPN Server to dial into local network.

best regards

Erik

kirkhalyk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Erik

So I could use a VPN client from my laptop to create an IPSec tunnel back to my home network with the RV110W as the endpoint?

Any experience using the Shrew Soft VPN client with the RV110W? Or what other clients would you recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Kirk,

Yes it possible to use RV110W for that. It supports up to 5 PPTP or IPSec VPN Clients. (look here for details: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10907/ps9923/data_sheet_c78-660141_ps9923_Products_Data_Sheet.html)

I use no specific VPN Client, diekt PPTP tunnel via Windows. But the Cisco Quick VPN Client for IPSec is also included. But be aware the big enterprise IPSec Clients doesent work with the RV110W - so you have to use the Quick VPN Cliet or PPTP. I only used Shrew Soft Client with PIX but I didnt tested it with the RV110W.