Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120W Networking issue

mikeypo214
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have RV 120W Wireless-N VPN Firewall and having issues with connectivity and communication between PCs within the same LAN.  I tried the following to check connections:

1. Finding the computers within the workgroup using wondows network or (finding the computer) without avail.

2. Pinging the IP address of the PCs within the LAN.  Request Timeout is given.

3. Pinter Network is working fine.

I am still a newbie in LAN networking and can't figure out why this is happening?

Can anyone please help me further troubleshoot the issue?

Regards,

Mike Po

6 Replies 6

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Mike,

First when you say LAN i am thinking you don’t have any wireless clients having this issue. So is your issue on the LAN to LAN or issue is WLAN to LAN? Please be detailed as possible.

Thanks

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Hi Jasbryan,

Sorry for the confusion.  All Desktops and PCs are wirelessly connected (WLAN) to the router, Printer & SPA3102 is wired to the router using a cable (LAN).  Only thing that I can't do in this setup is share files and folders.  THey also can't see each other when I pinged for their IP address.

Additional details:

1. I was able to configure a site to site VPN using 2 RV120W and this is working fine.

2. All Desktops and PCs can access the internet and working fine.

3. All Desktops & PCs can access the printer and print.  Also this is working fine.

I hope this clarifies my setup.

Regards,

Mike

Michael,

Under the firewall tab , attack checks.

Please uncheck block fragmented packets

Please uncheck block multicast packets

Also make sure you are running latest firmware.

release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv120w/release/notes/rv120_rn_v1_0_2_6.pdf

link to 1.0.2.6

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282981372&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.2.6&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If you are still having problems please give us a call SBSC @ 1-866-606-1866

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

Hi,

I have the latest firmware 1.0.2.6.  On the said firewall>attack checks, its' been unchecked since then.  It is still not working.  Any suggestions?

BTW, I am here in the Philippines and we are on the opposite side of the world.  May I know what other toll free number that I could use to contact Cisco?  Really need help to get this fixed.

Also, please advise what time I could contact you guys if ever?

Thanks!

Regards,

Michael

do you have any firewalls set on your PCs? if you do then this will stop you pinging from one PC to another.

if these are windows clients, then you need to enable "respond to ICMP packets, or reply to ICMP packets on each PC.

as to shared folders.  are you on a Domain or Workgroup?  Have you actually setup sharing for any Files or folders within the Domain/Workgroup?

Regards Simon

Michael,

Here is the link to our support numbers, please give us a call when you can trouble shoot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Philippines1-800-1-114-1695

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: