Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120W - VPN with Apple Mac possible?

buzzer111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I searched this community and didn't find a solution. Is it possible to VPN with a Mac to the RV120W?

Regards, Ralph

4 Replies 4

yheynema
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm also looking for a working solution with same setup Macbook Pro trying to establish VPN IPSec with RV120W... I've been working for hours on that.... but we're close. We always end up with something from OSX saying something like "Negotiation with VPN server failed".

Also tried with Cisco VPN Client v5.0.0.4.0300 (on WinXP VM) and looking at some intensive debugging logs, we run into problem where Client reports:

[...]

156    19:23:22.796  02/25/11  Sev=Warning/2    IKE/0xE3000023
No private IP address was assigned by the peer

157    19:23:22.796  02/25/11  Sev=Warning/2    IKE/0xE300009B
Failed to process ModeCfg Reply (NavigatorTM:175)

[...]

And tunnel always goes down.

I'm pretty sure OSX goes the same issue as RV120W logs are the same with both clients (Mac vs Cisco VPN Client on WinXP).

We're looking for  a solution for the "No private IP address" issue.

Hope this could help...

Yannick,

I have heard of some users successfully connecting their Mac computers to Cisco Small Business routers using a free program called IPSecuritas. I found a website:

http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/

This is not officially supported by Cisco but it may be worth a try.

Gerald Vogt
Level 3
Level 3

The RV120W only supports plain IPSec. It's not compatible with the Cisco VPN client which requires the XAUTH extension. IPSec on Mac is only configurable with configuration files (aka manually) or with 3rd party clients like IP securitas.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

davekoelmeyer
Level 1
Level 1

See the posted doc here, and another community member who claims he has been able to get it to work with an alternate method:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10266

You'd think the Cisco staffers here would sticky that document, but I guess it's just more fun to watch Mac OS users flail around for hours

Cheers,

Dave