cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv130 cannot enable LAN IPv6 prefix delegation when use ppoev6

alexlei262099
Level 1
Level 1

How to enable ipv6 dhcpv6-pd on rv130 when use PPOEv6?

Device Model:RV130
PID VID:RV130 V02
Current Firmware Version:1.0.3.55

Most of new router devices support IPV6 dhcpv6 prefix-delegation even when WAN use oopev6.

but on rv130 when WAN enable IPV6 and use ppoev6 to get address from ISP. then LAN net can not get address by ISP dhcpv6 prefix delegation .

How to solve this?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the Admin Guide:  if you able to get WAN side IPV6 and working, you need to enable DHCP on Lan Side to get IP from DHCP Server to be configured for IPv6 (look at Page 41)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv130w/admin_guide/en/rv130w_admin_en.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

rv130 WAN port can get IPV6 address from ISP via PPOEv6 (and of course ISP told WAN port prefix length).

The problem is LAN port and all devices in lan can not get IPv6 address from ISP's ipv6 prefix delegation,It's always FEC0…….

I need LAN 's IPv6 address get assign from ISP ipv6 prefix delegation, not just FEC0

I tested on other router ,eg huawei xxx.  It can works well , as I expect ( WAN, LAN and all devices in LAN cat get IPv6 address from ISP ).

But rv130 may has  bugs. ipv6 address only appears at WAN port. LAN port always FEC0.  WAN IPv6 prefix delegation can not work with PPOEv6

I understand the requirement, you want ISP IPv6 should work on Lan IP address pass through WAN Interface . I am not sure RV small business model has that capability and I do not have that model to test for you. (i will wait for the cisco TAC to give support on this)

meantime check this - any helpful?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb1109-point-to-point-protocol-over-ethernet-pppoe-profile-configur.html

BB

on RV130X_FW_1.0.3.28 the feature works well. But when do upgrade to FW 44 - 55, it's break.

I really need the feature. Hope there a FW update to support this back. o(╥﹏╥)o

Nice to know, but i would advise to wait for SMB TAC to reply.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: