Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 Default user name and password do not work after hard reset

KACJR
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to the well of knowledge...

I am attempting to redeploy an RV130.  I did a hard reset on the unit using the reset button on the back (held the button in for 15 seconds).  When I attempted to log back in using the defaults cisco/cisco, I get an "Invalid user name or password.  Please try again."  I can't seem to get beyond this.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I followed your instructions and tried to do a very focused reset another four times before getting to the point that the router was going to fly out the window.

I then went down a complete different rabbit hole.  The laptop that I was using to configure the router uses a Bluetooth mouse.  There is a separate USB adapter for this.  I removed the Bluetooth mouse from my system and used the laptop's touch pad instead.  Reset the router.  Pop in the default credentials and voila, I'm in.

Coincidence?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That's the right process.  One thing I have seen happen before is that although you feel like you are holding the button down for more than ten seconds, you actually get a little wobble in your hand which is enough to momentarily release the button before the ten seconds are up.  At that point of course, the router will do a regular reboot instead of a factory reset.  So the first thing I would do is give it another try if you haven't already, making sure the router is positioned firmly and your hand is also comfortable.

I know this all sounds obvious, but it's easy to do even if you do this every day. If you have tried a couple of times and are confident that this is not the issue, then replacing the hardware is really the only option. Give the support centre a call, and if the router is still under warranty, they should be able to organise an RMA for you. See http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc for contact numbers.

Cheers,
Dave.

I followed your instructions and tried to do a very focused reset another four times before getting to the point that the router was going to fly out the window.

I then went down a complete different rabbit hole.  The laptop that I was using to configure the router uses a Bluetooth mouse.  There is a separate USB adapter for this.  I removed the Bluetooth mouse from my system and used the laptop's touch pad instead.  Reset the router.  Pop in the default credentials and voila, I'm in.

Coincidence?

Ok, that's a new one for me.  Glad you got it sorted though.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: