Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 Portforwarding to Vlan 10 not working

Dear,

I have setup a rv130 router witch 2 additional vlans. So:

vlan 1 (all ports excluded) (ip range 10.10.1.x)

vlan 10 port 1 tagged 2 & 3 untagged (ip range 10.10.10.x)

vlan 11 port 4 tagged. IP ranges (ip range 10.10.11.x)

Intervlan enabled

So i would like to forward a external request to port 15050 to vlan 10 specific ip 10.10.10.7

Tryed portforwarding, portrange, access rules but i cant get any connection from outside to the given ip adres.

I guess it has to do that the portforwarding is redirecting to the vlan1 so how can i fix this ? Cant seem to find any documentation regarding this.

Many thx for your replies in advance

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jebadhas_John
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If your requrement here is to foward traffic coming to your Public-IP:15050 to Private IP 10.10.10.7 follow the below steps.

1. Login to router GUI on Firefox
2. Click 'Service Management' and create a new service for 15050 (Give in a name, select TCP and/or UDP and set start and end port both as 15050) and save the changes
3. Choose 'One-to-One NAT' and set 'Private Range Begin' as 10.10.10.7, 'Public Range Begin' as your static public IP, Set Range length as 1 and select the service you created in step 2 from the 'Service' drop down and save the settings

Now test the configuration. Quick way to test if the configuration is working is to connect a PC/laptop at 10.10.10.7 with wireshark installed and do packet capture for a very short time as you try reaching your Public-IP:15050 from WAN (Avoid trying this test from within the same LAN). You may use your cellphone browser on data connection.

If the packet capture shows that the setting works, but if it does not work on the actual resource(printer/Web server) it could be some other issue.

Do share the outcome if you get to test this setting.

Disclaimer: If you are not the primary IT administrator for this site please check with the IT administrator before making changes that may have a direct impact on business.

Jeb
Toronto

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jebadhas_John
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If your requrement here is to foward traffic coming to your Public-IP:15050 to Private IP 10.10.10.7 follow the below steps.

1. Login to router GUI on Firefox
2. Click 'Service Management' and create a new service for 15050 (Give in a name, select TCP and/or UDP and set start and end port both as 15050) and save the changes
3. Choose 'One-to-One NAT' and set 'Private Range Begin' as 10.10.10.7, 'Public Range Begin' as your static public IP, Set Range length as 1 and select the service you created in step 2 from the 'Service' drop down and save the settings

Now test the configuration. Quick way to test if the configuration is working is to connect a PC/laptop at 10.10.10.7 with wireshark installed and do packet capture for a very short time as you try reaching your Public-IP:15050 from WAN (Avoid trying this test from within the same LAN). You may use your cellphone browser on data connection.

If the packet capture shows that the setting works, but if it does not work on the actual resource(printer/Web server) it could be some other issue.

Do share the outcome if you get to test this setting.

Disclaimer: If you are not the primary IT administrator for this site please check with the IT administrator before making changes that may have a direct impact on business.

Jeb
Toronto

Hi 

I have your ANSWER.

After 2 days of troubleshooting and mixing between multiple firmware, range forwarding, single forwarding, tagging & untagging of ports & firewall access, i discovered that port forwarding only works TO hosts that belong to Vlan 1 (default).

It does not work on hosts that belong to additional (non-default) vlans.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: