Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 router : Unable to modify LAN subnet mask

thierry35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one,

I'm using a cisco router RV130, which runs the latest firmware (1.0.1.3), and when

I set an IP address to the LAN interface, I can't choose the subnet mask greater than /24.

The scrolling list proposes only these values :

255.255.255. .. and so on to 255.255.255.252

The issue is that the customer's lan address is 172.17.0.0/16 (255.255.0.0)

Any clue ?

Thierry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Max Harbin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently this is a limitation of the product. Efforts are in development for the next generation of routers to address this. You could enter a case through the SBSC support Center (1-866-606-1866) as a feature request. I know this doesn't fix your issue, but want you to be informed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Max Harbin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently this is a limitation of the product. Efforts are in development for the next generation of routers to address this. You could enter a case through the SBSC support Center (1-866-606-1866) as a feature request. I know this doesn't fix your issue, but want you to be informed.

Is there any method to submit a case online?

Please see the attached Word Document for how to create a case online. Please make sure your CCOID is associated with the Product and/or the contract. This will prevent any issue when creating a case. If there is an issue with the association, the 1-866-606-1866 number will put you in touch with the people to assist in the association to your CCOID. Hope this helps.

fredolazare
Level 1
Level 1

I've been reselling maybe 130 Cisco RV120w, it was reliable, easy to configure and made a great job for customized port forwarding, VLAN, ipsec tunnels, ipsec passthrough and we could configure whatever subnetmask we wanted on each vlan.

Putting the rv130w with the same limitations as the rvs4400 and really basic home routers is really a bit step down for Cisco. 

Sold 130 rv120w, will sell 0 rv130w and since rv180w are much more expensive and unavailable at distribution in Canada, I relaly think that I won't be reselling Cisco small business routers anymore, at least until a new version of the firmware or a new router is being created, that had the exact same engine as rv120w or rv180w.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: