Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W router vs. gateway throughput issues

Greetings, All:

I am trying to get my RV130W to function properly in router mode with my Centurylink 1 Gbps fiber connection. In gateway mode, the router successfully negotiates a DHCP session the Centurylink aggregator, and measured up/down speeds are typically > 800 Mbps. However, I need to use the router in router mode in order to properly route the static IP that I was assigned. Centurylink now requires that static IPs be routed from the client side, rarther than in the aggregator. The method for doing this is to set up a VLAN (untagged) with the appropriate gateway/netmask info the the static IP. The device on my LAN with the static IP connects to this VLAN. With the RV130W in router mode, my static IP is properly routed, and those on the internet can see it and attach to it as required. By the way, the device behind the router is an RV134W, which serves as my LAN router/firewall.

The problem with this set up is that my throughput drops to 200 Mbps through the LAN ethernet port. And I can not find any obvious reason for this. This does not happen in gateway mode. It's almost as if disabling NAT (in router mode) is throttling the LAN ports. All ethernet connections are with Cat 6 cable, and all ethernet ports autonegotiate to 1Gbps.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: