cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W WiFi slow down in every 2 or 3 days

Seito Seito
Level 1
Level 1

I got my RV130W wireless router over 3 months, but the WiFi problem made me feel very frustrated. 

The Problem is the router running in 2 or 3 days, the WiFi will slow down, the speed will become below 10 Mbit/s , in normal status , the WiFi speed can more than 50Mbit , and the only solution is to go to Web setup page Wireless > Basic Setting > click save once.

Here is my config :

firmware : latest from Cisco official site

WAN : 100MB Ethernet , DHCP got it from the ISP 

WLAN setting:

Basic Setting:

-Wireless mode : B/G/N mixed

-Wireless Band Selection: 20/40

-Wireless Channel: 9 ( have tried other channel , but not much help for this case )

-Vlan : 1

-U-APSD (WMM Power Save): ( Disable )

Advanced setting:

-Frame Burst: ( Enabled )

-WMM No Acknowledgement: ( Disabled ) 

Any other setting system default

I can confirm that the CPU is a low usage status when WiFi slow problem occur .

Any ideas to fix this problem is welcome , thank you.

Br,

Kenny Huen 

18 Replies 18

cbjwthwm
Level 1
Level 1

(moved reply to most recent user question)

TMSchulte
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting crazy slow wifi speeds as well, my client can't even RDP to a system on the same network.  Disables wireless on the Cisco device and installed an AP and it's happy as a clam nice and fast.  Was there ever a resolution to this?  To avoid stupid answers I already have it on a specified channel with low usage in the area and changing the channel, I have also tried both auto 20/40MHz and 20MHz bandwidths.  The very sad part is that the remote offices connected over the VPN have better connection than local wifi.

I know it may be obvious, as some if not all may have your device under AC, but has any one tried cooling the thing? I had similar issues, getting connected and disconnected trough Wi-Fi on this particular model, and upon checking the box, it’s was very hot. I put a USB fan on it and that cooled it and it’s solved the issues. Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

EMT

I've been giving this router some attention since the new firmware 1.0.3.51 was released, and I seem to have found a solution to the spiralling wifi speed issue.

Wifi connections in mostly stock "configure by wizard" form had issues passing traffic through the gateway to clients until I enabled bandwidth management under QoS.    My only significant "non-wizard" configuration mod was a disabled DHCP server--which is very common in SMB use as it is provided by a Windows server which is also the primary and sole DNS server for AD on the test network.  In this form, wifi worked but still had the spiralling problem which could be easily accelerated into a painful spiralled state by transferring a lot of data through it using something like Totusoft's LAN Speed Test utility.

The fix (which is a rather sad one) was to disable WMM from the main "edit" options of the Wireless Table section for the wifi network's SSID.  This drops the speed down to G levels (as WMM is required for N speeds), but it has provided consistent ~20-25Mb download performance for multiple days now servicing around 15 wireless clients.  It may not be very fast, but the "acid test" of streaming HD video multiple floors up is still working which means this router's wifi is finally a usable feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: