Views
Helpful
Replies

RV134W - IPv6 config

MICHAEL TAYLOR
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Team,

I've been given an RV134W to play with (evaluate) and so far, it's been easy to configure and get it onto the Internet. (Ethernet WAN, no VLANs, just doing IPoE at the moment)

The router/appliance/firewall has picked up an IPv4 address. It has also picked up an IPv6 Prefix from the ISP (which happens to be me)

It has also used that prefix to allocate itself an IPv6 WAN address.

For IOS devices, wee've taken the time to make template configs for IPv6 Prefix Delegation on the WAN,  and then use that prefix for the IPv6 DHCP server on the LAN.

My question is, how do I configure the IPv6 DHCP server on the router to use the prefix advertised (and picked up) by the router?

I don't _want_ to put a static prefix on the router, I would like it to be auto-magic and use the Prefix it's been delegated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2 Replies 2

mecampos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, just to confirm you mentioned that the RV134W got a dynamic IPv6 prefix from the ISP and you are trying to enable IPv6 DHCP for the LAN without having to assign a static prefix on the WAN? 

Would your concern be about the NAT process when IPv6 is enabled ?

Best regards,

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be very concerned if I had to do NAT with IPv6 :-)

Basically, I'm wondering if this box can do the same as it's IOS brothers and sisters, with Prefix Delegation on the WAN and have that prefix used for DHCP on the LAN

Best Regards,

Mike