cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV160 OpenVPN not working after firmware 1.0.01.01 upgrade

ScottClarke
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading our Cisco RV 160 to firmware version 1.0.01.01 (14 Sep 2020), our OpenVPN configuration does not allow users to connect to any LAN resources. I verified that the settings displayed in the management web interface were correct and unchanged after the firmware upgrade, but while connected to OpenVPN, the clients cannot communicate with any of the IP addresses on the Router's LAN (no response). Site to SIte VPN (to another RV160 that is still running 1.0.00.17) worked fine (OpenVPN clients connected to the other RV 160 were able to access IP addresses on the upgraded RV 160's LAN).

I rebooted to the previous firmware version - 1.0.00.17 (5 Mar 2020) and OpenVPN works again.

Note: not too long ago, I updated to version 1.0.00.17 from 1.0.00.16 (27 Aug 2019) firmware and the OpenVPN configuration worked just fine, both before and after the upgrade.

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

We haven't logged such an issue with the new RV160 firmware. You may need to reconfigure the OpenVPN on the router (delete and setup again) in order to fix the client-to-site OpenVPN configuration. 

Thanks,

Martin 

ScottClarke
Level 1
Level 1

I finally solved this problem.

The solution was to change the Open VPN client address pool to a completely different subnet and then back. 

Thank you for your feedback and happy to hear you managed to fix the problem!

Regards,

Martin