Views
Helpful
Replies

RV160W - How to create a port-forward rule

pverspeek1
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm configuring a RV160W.  I have the latest firmware installed.  On the network, I have an Axis IP-camera installed, with ip 192.168.1.100

I want to configure following: 

I want to be able to remotely connect to this IP-camera, but through a different port, for example 25400.

On my other router, this was rather simple to configure.  First a rule to make external port 25400 connect to internal port 80.

Then I had to connect that rule with the ip-address.

But how do I do that on a RV160W?

thanks!

Pascal

15 Replies 15

Unfortunately this does not apply to model 160.  The software is different.

Firmware: 1.0.00.16

I have following options:

1.png2.png3.png4.png

yes different, but you can do same approach, see service manangement and add required ports

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I want config through CLI on a RV160W Router Console RJ45 Port via PuTTy but it's no respond

Please help me here.

Foysal

I do not believe RV has any more CLI features, I am afraid.

BB

hi,

here Router RV160W 1 Console RJ45 Port but how to configuration to it? May be it's Firmware upgrade for Future use CLI correct?

Thank you very much

Foysal

One of the Cisco Reply :

unfortunately, the serial interface is not active on these devices.

You can configure the devices using a Web interface ( GUI ).

The serial port is switched off and can only be activated by Cisco TAC and the user for example during troubleshooting. A special software build would be required to allow this.

BB

If i connect from my PC SSH and Telnet using PuTTY at RV160W how to do this?

Thank you

Foysal

i still stand on the same, there is CLI for RV Models - every config only from GUI Only

BB

Hi, 

How to begin Cisco SMB Product's business Partner, Reseller etc.

I want to know about this SMB business in ASIA and for my ISP Broadband provide only Cisco Brand Network hardware Router, Switch. It's may be partner, reseller and Distributor etc. Which is very low price provide for Cisco customer.

Please help me any who know about SMB Business in here include PDF URL.

I am waiting for your reply. I know that this Cisco Community helpful and very faster reply.

Cisco SMB Business

Thank you very much.

Foysal ISP

https://www.FoysaliSP.net.

Foysal

Maybe Your answer is not correct!

i have advised as per the document and forums users experience - may be wait for other cisco SMB Tac to confirm you the same.

BB

Hello FoysalISPBroadbandMetroWiFi

The console port of RV16x/26x/34x series routers is locked/disabled and intended for future use only. In given circumstances, it can be used by Cisco technical support engineers for device troubleshooting. You can't connect through SSH/CLI to the RV console port.

Regards,

Martin

Great Thank you 

Foysal
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: