cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Access Rules and NAT

seandonnelly
Level 1
Level 1

OK I have a RV180 that I'm having some issues with access rules and the one to one NAT.

What I have is very basic in regards to needs. Internet outbound is flowing just fine.

I have an FTP server that is not using the WAN interface for the public IP, so I created a One to One NAT Private Range Begin 192.168.8.28 for the inside address. I then enter in the Public IP 1.1.1.1 Set the Range length to 1 and service to FTP (also tried any) and then saved.

In my access rules I created and Inbound rule for always allow ANY for FTP

Send to Local Server (DNAT IP) is 192.168.8.28

Use other WAN IP Address is enabled and set to 1.1.1.1 and the rule is enabled

No joy in connecting to FTP and I do not see anything in the logs showing the port being blocked. What am I missing here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After an one-to-one rule is configured, the outbound traffic is allowed by default and the inbound traffic is allowed per the services defined in the one-to-one NAT rule.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

anthony.kellar
Level 1
Level 1

I have never configured the RV180...but, if it like other routers...

Make sure to allow traffic to the public IP rather than the private. NAT is evaluated after the ACL.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, try "small business - routers". You can move your post using the Actions panel on the right.

seandonnelly
Level 1
Level 1

If I create a one-to-one NAT for a specific internal IP that system is unable to access the web, only internal network functions. I then need to clear out that entry and reboot the device to allow the internal system access to the intenet again. I must be missing something in this setup, any thoughts?

After an one-to-one rule is configured, the outbound traffic is allowed by default and the inbound traffic is allowed per the services defined in the one-to-one NAT rule.

Pefect thank you so much for the response, this is what i needed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: