Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180: Chipset? DNAT but no SNAT?

aton12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I just bought a RV180 V01 and updated to firmware 1.0.2.6. I like it so far, but there are two things that I couldnt find out:

1. Which chipset is built into my device?

2. How can I configure port forwarding so that the router does DNAT but no SNAT? The problem here is that the servers behind the router see the IP address of the gateway instead of the external IPs of the clients. Beyond being annoying(logs are mostly useless) that could result in security issues.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

The RV180 is based on a Cavium Econa 300MHz CPU along with 64 MB of RAM and 16 MB of flash memory.  Ethernet ports are provided by a Broadcom BCM53125 7-Port Integrated GbE Energy-Efficient Ethernet Switch. Unfortunately there is no official document I can refer to, this I know by working with the device itself.

The available NAT options on the device; Port Trigering, Port Forwarding and One to one NAT are described from page 87, chapter 4 in the admin guide; that's all it is supported by the current firmware;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv180w/administration/guide/rv180w_admin.pdf

Please let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.