cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 DHCP Relay

Taylor Vick
Level 1
Level 1

All, I'm having a hard time getting the DHCP relay function to work on one of my VLAN subnets.

I have created a new VLAN subnet and assigned the router an address of 10.33.110.254. I want my DHCP range to be 10.33.110.1 to 253. In the VLAN subnet configuration page I setup the router to be a DHCP relay to remote server 10.33.1.15.

With this configuration I cannot get the DHCP requests to hit my DHCP server. If I take a wireshark capure I see the DHCP discover broadcasts but they never leave the subnet or get answered. Am I configuring something wrong? InterVLAN routing is enabled and I can ping the DHCP server from this VLAN. I can't seem to figure this out!           

1 Reply 1

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Taylor, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. You need to set your DHCP server address in Networking > LAN (Local Network) > IPv4 LAN (Local Network). Select DHCP relay and set the Server IP Address. However if you already did that, you could check the port interfaces and Vlan configuration.

If all of these are correctly I suggest you to test dropping the server firewall, if you succeed and receive the DHCP from the server, so you need to configure a rule in the firewall server for the traffic to the Router. 

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.