Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 dhcp via IPSEC-Tunnel

Ralf Boehm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have setup a ipsec-tunnel between rv180 (site A) and asa5520 (site B) successful. The dhcp-server for the clients is on site B. The dhcp-request from the clients are not not going through the tunnel, they leave the rv180 over the wan-interface and arrive at site B with the wan-ipaddress from site A. The configured dhcp-relay on site A match the remote network (site B), configured in the ipsec-tunnel on site A. Is there anyway, that all traffic go through the ipsec-tunnel? We want this of security-reasons.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ralf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Ralf,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately the DHCP Relay does not relay DHCP request over IPSec VPN tunnel.  I hope this answers your question and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Ralf,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately the DHCP Relay does not relay DHCP request over IPSec VPN tunnel.  I hope this answers your question and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Ralf Boehm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jeffrey,

thank you for your answer. It's a little bit pitty, that it is not possible. Ok, I hope, I can configure our firewall to let through those packets. The answer-packets from our dhcp-server going back through the ipsec-tunnel. :-)

Ralf