Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 E-Mail Logging not sending

Franz Leu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm try ing to get the RV180 (latest Firmware) sending me logs by emial. Whatever I try to enter I never get the Test email sent out to our local Exchange Server.

I have other Software that successfully can send logs - same configuration in the RV180 does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

McL

1 Reply 1

ValleyITPC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there.  I don't have an answer but wanted to add that I have a new RV345P and have the asme issue, though in my case I have Office 365 Enterprise E3 and am using the SMTP Client Submission setup as per MS article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-Office-365-69f58e99-c550-4274-ad18-c805d654b4c4

So for me it's smtp.office365.com on port 587 with TLSV1 selected, and I have quad-checked the username/password.  

I have the same configuration in various other products, but the RV won't work so I have to put the blame on product design here though who really knows.  The actual Logs on the RV don't say anything of help at all.  

I'm not sure about the RV180 but the 345P has a statistics scrfeen that shows a count of successful and failed email alert attempts.  The Failed count goes up immediately as soon as I try Test Email from the other screen, so it's not as though say, a timeout after 60 seconds is occuring.  Same for you?  

I've tried both port 587 and 25.  Also 465 for thoroughness, nothing changes.