Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Firewall Access Rules Problem

tamtytamty
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/Madam

I purchased a RV180 router, and would like set the Firewall Access Rules as below

- Action: Always Allow

- Service: HTTP

- Source IP: Any

- Send to Local Server (DNAT IP): private ip (192.168.1.xx)

- Use Other WAN IP Address: Enable

- WAN Destination IP: one of public ip (different of the router WAN ip address)

- Service: FTP

- Send to Local Server (DNAT IP): private ip (192.168.1.xx)

- WAN Destination IP: one of public ip (different of the router WAN ip address)

The firewall access rules no problem within 1 hour after setting. I can access the http / ftp services by the WAN ip address. After several hours, I can't access the services. I haven't any idea what's the problem occur.

I can set the one-to-one NAT rather than use the firewall access rules, but I would like block all other ports, and one-to-one NAT will forward all ports to the private ip address.

Another question. Administrator > Logging > Firewall Logs , when I enable the settings, where can I get the log of the firewall? please advise.

Regards

Noel

4 Replies 4

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Noel,

Please call the Small Business Support Center for help. The phone numbers in your area are located here:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

somone23554
Level 1
Level 1

I had this exact same problem. I have multiple public IPs from my ISP.  I need to foward ports from different IPs to different machines such as  

1.1.1.27:80  goes to 192.168.1.50 and 1.1.1.27:443 goes to 192.168.1.51

1.1.1.28:80  goes to 192.168.1.52 and 1.1.1.28:443 goes to 192.168.1.53

Router public static set to 1.1.1.26

- Service: HTTP

- Send to Local Server (DNAT IP): private ip (192.168.1.50)

- WAN Destination IP: one of public ip (different of the router WAN ip address) 1.1.1.27

I get a gateway timeout error trying to access 1.1.1.27

I also tried using one-to-one nat Private (192.168.1.50), public (1.1.1.27) although this does not really work for me as I cannot specify different ports to different machines.

Same gateway timeout.

After changing stuff back and forth a few times and digging through posts/manuals assuming I must have something screwed up I decide to go to bed.  Here is the kicker... I get up in the morning and attempt the 1st config again and everything works properly. I still have no idea what caused the issue to begin with but it was quite frustrating. All I can say is that the "Use Other WAN IP Address" *should* work for this.

An update.  Again this issue appeared. Everything was working properly then all of the sudden all other public IP addresses other than the Static IP the router is using stop working and users get a gateway timeout error.

I was able to get it working again by temporarily setting 1 to 1 Nat on one of the "other" public IPs. After removing the 1 to 1 nat everything continues to work properly. 

What could possibly cause this?  Is this a bug in the RV180s firmware? 

Benjamin_Lin
Level 1
Level 1

Received beta firmware 1.0.2.2 for RV180 from a cisco developer and the problem is solved!