cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Firmware upgrade failed.

bigides1979
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently on the 1.0.2.3 firmware for the RV180W router. I try to upgrade to the 1.0.2.6 firmware (to subsequently update to the newest

1.0.3.10) and it comes upw ith a "Upgrade failed due to invalid / corrupted firmware. Router will be active with current firmware in..."

I tried redownloading the firmware to see if it truly got "corrupted." That didn't work.

I tried going backward to the 1.0.1.9 and it doesn't work.

I tried skipping to the 1.0.3.10, and that doesn't work.

I tried a Restore Facotry Defaults, and that doesn't work.

I have done everything I can think of and am now stuck. I have two RV180W routers and they both have the same exact problems/results.

Please, any help or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

psurampa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben,

Try to hold the reset button for 20 seconds then, when the light turns in to red it says that the device is resetting to factory defaults. After that try downloading the latest firmware version from the cisco.com portal and start upgrading to the new firmware that you have just downloaded.

Thanks,

Phanikrishna

Hello Phani,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I have tried those steps a couple times, and it has the same results. Still says that the upgrade has failed due to corrupted firmware.

I strongly suspect that the 1.0.2.3 firmware is the source of the issue. Am I stuck on this firmware version?

Please let me know what my options are. Thanks!

Ben

hammalhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here is the article to upgrade the firmware for RV180. Hope it works for you and if you need more information please do let me know .

Thanks

https://is6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?pid=2&kptester=1&login=1&app=vw&name=hammad.malhi&docid=c38ef74687524344a0e6b2a96d4c4776_Firmware_upgrade_on_RV180_and_RV180w_using_Web_Interface.xml

Hello Hammad,

Thank you for your response. Those are the steps that I am following for upgrading the firmware. It comes back with the response saying that the firmware is corrupted and failed to install.

Ben