Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 IPSec connection droped

easymedia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using two RV180 for a site to site ipsec vpn.

The IPSEC VPN connection is working only if I try a manual connect. After some time connection is droped and no auto reconect for it.

Anything to do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

6 Replies 6

Hello,

Have you activate the keep alive in IPSec tunnel group settings ? The keep alive is made to keep VPN up.

Br,

JY

No keep alive settings, only Dead Peer Detection option. Same is happening with this option enabled or disabled

OK,

When you go in advanced VPN Parameters then in IKE policies, select both for direction/Type, Agressive in exchange mode if you are using IP address for identifiers, enable dead peer detection, set the detection period to 30 sec for example and set the reconnect after failure count to 3.

Br,

JY

Same, rebooted RV180 routers and not connecting until I hit Connect on one of them.

Hi Claudiu,

What is happening if you try, instead of entering the menu and clicking on Connect, to establish a connection from a local computer to the remote side? You need to enable DPD on both routers.

Solved for now, problem was generated from gateway router who misconfigured a nat to RV180 equipment.

Thank you for help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: