Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 portforwarding ranges

GeorgeRKroon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Firstly i would like to say that my RV180 works pretty well, not a single problem in setting it up for normal use!

But now I'm trying to get a service working that uses multiple port ranges (gaming server -> BF2) for me and some friends.

When creating a new service on the admininstration interface it is possible to create the ranges it needs to portforward.

But when actually portforwarding, it is only possible to portforward to 1 port (and not the same as it listens on)

I've correctly set up the server to use all default ports

UDP/TCP 1024-1124

UDP 1500-4999

TCP 4711

UDP 17567

UDP/TCP      18000

UDP/TCP      18300

UDP/TCP 27900

UDP 27901

UDP/TCP 29900

Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

George

6 Replies 6

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I am happy to hear you are satisfied with your RV180, could you please check your configuration with the next article below?

Port Forwarding on the RV180 and RV180W VPN Routers

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hello Luis, I did not read that article before because the interface is clear enough to get things working without help.

The first port I had to forward was 80 and this did work.

The 'problem' I'm having is also shown in this article:

Step 7. In the Internal Port field, enter a port number to which the traffic is forwarded.

The service I am trying to forward is a ranged service (port 1024/1124 for example) so when I configure this service, it forwards all these ports to 1 port (1024 -> the one filled in) on the destination ip.

Thank you for looking in to this,

George Kroon

Hi George,

Create a Custom Service with the port range as follows:

Start Port: 1024

Finish Port: 1124

Create a new Access Rule using the custom service you created:

Connection Type: Inbound (WAN (Internet) > LAN (Local Network)

Action: Always Allow

Service:

Source IP: Any

Send to Local Server (DNAT IP):

Rule Status: Enabled

That should do it. Please reply if you have any questions.

- Marty

Luis,  I am having this same issue.  Was there ever any additional resolution for this?

Hi, 

RV180 can do port range forwarding, please check this steps from this link :  https://supportforums.cisco.com/comment/10095546#comment-10095546

Please rate this post or marked as answered to Help others Cisco Customers

Greetings

Mehdi

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello George,

This could be causing your issues.

CSCuc72086 Description—Port forwarding in regards to port range does not work.

Workaround—Use a single port instead of a port range

Reference here: Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv180w/release_notes/rv180w_rn_1-0-3-10.pdf

But looks like this bug was carried over from firmware version 1.0.2.6 to 1.0.3.10, heck it could still be a bug in older versions as well.

So probably based on how you have it configured and how Marty recommended how to configure it then this is probably a bug.

What I would do next is call Cisco Small Business support or try and open a chat with them to get them a ticket open for you and report that you are having issue with bug code CSCuc72086. Normally they would probably still do some troubleshooting with you to make sure you have everything configured correcly. Once its confirmed they'll probably try and get the case escalated. Usually a Beta firmware is handed out then at that point if they have gotten a fix for it yet through Beta.

Hope that help you out.

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: