I'm a newb to networking and am have the following issues with the PPTP server on the router:
1. Sometimes login hangs while loging in user. I dont really understand why sometimes it lets me connect, and not others. I have tried from different PC's and AP's and the only consistent thing is that it is not reliable.
2. When I've logged in, it does stay connected, but I cant access some internet sites (cant even ping them). Sometimes it actually gets to a point where I cant access anything (cant even ping internal remote LAN); the latter issues often occurs some time after I've been connected (~20min) although in all cases the PPTP connection remains intact.
After doing a lot of reading I've reduced the MTU multiple times on all interfaces involved and I cant see that it has helped. I've used an MTU as low as 1400 (which is quite a bit smaller than should be necessary based on the guidance I have read, tested using the ping command with "no fragment" set). I've also read about reducing the MSS, but I dont know how one can do that on the RV180.
Other information that may be useful:
1. I am using the latest firmware: 220.127.116.11
2. QVPN works fine (unfortunately it's not an option for secure web browsing the internet)
3. I've turned off all "attack prevention" in the firewall
4. As I've tried this in multiple locations getting the same result (sometimes working), it's not a simple port blocking issue or GRE issue. Also have disabled the PC firewall with no effect
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck...
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E41 Follow us: https://twitter.com/CiscoChampion
Let’s face it: today’s work is hybrid. Making hybrid work requires more than collaboration tools and SaaS applications. It’s about connecting people, dispa...
Join David Bombal as he busts the myths around Cisco Designed while building out an SMB network right at his desk.
David, a CCIE, CCSI and an educator, has delivered training courses all around the globe across multiple Cisco topics. And he’s desig...
This Chat covers the intersection of technology and social impact from community to global levels. Learn how digital maturity accelerates SMB growth and profits that can fund social programs and enable sustainable business practices like remote work.
This Chat covers the intersection of technology and social impact from community to global levels. Learn how digital maturity accelerates SMB growth and profits that can fund social programs and enable sustainable business practices like remote work. We'l...