Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 SNAT and DNAT

Akos L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We have an old VPN router in our office with VPN tunnels configured to other countries, but it strongly reduced the speed of the internet connection, so we decided to change. Therefore we bought an RV180 router to replace the old one.

I succesfully configured the existing site-to-site VPN tunnels on RV180, this part is working fine. But i have a problem with the network address translation. Here are the current settings of the old router:

VPN tunnel settings:

Local network: 192.168.223.160
Local subnet mask: 255.255.255.240
Remote network: 10.10.3.0
Remote subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Source NAT:

Protocol: ANY
Source addr.: ANY
Dest. addr.: 10.10.3.0/24
Translation addr.: 192.168.223.161
Outgoing interface: VPN

Destination NAT:

Dest. addr.: 192.168.223.161
Translation addr.: 192.168.1.1 (router LAN addr.)
Incoming interface: VPN

Dest. addr.: 192.168.223.162
Translation addr.: 192.168.1.235 (fix IP for a host)
Incoming interface: VPN

How could I set up these settings on the RV180? I've only found One-to-one NAT, which is not suitable for us, I think.

As I mentioned, the VPN tunnel is working fine, I can access the 10.10.3.x subnet.

(I do not have access to the other side of the tunnel.)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Ákos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

In regards to the RV180 router, there is no way to setup this type of configuration for the VPN tunnel. As you mentioned, the router only supports One to One NAT.

Can you explain what is the final goal? Maybe we can come up with a workaround.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

In regards to the RV180 router, there is no way to setup this type of configuration for the VPN tunnel. As you mentioned, the router only supports One to One NAT.

Can you explain what is the final goal? Maybe we can come up with a workaround.

There is a hosting company serving Citrix remote desktops for a few employees in our office. They asked us to set these NAT settings up to make the remote sessions work. (The work is done via Citrix receiver.)

Thank you for the information, unfortunately this router doesn't have such a feature. You may need to use an Entrepise level router.

Thank you for the help. :)

Can you recommend a product to replace the current one? We don't need more additional features, just VPN and NAT.

Unfortunately I can't as I don't know anything about enterprise router. I'm sorry. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: